Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.
There are many kinds of bottles and glasses of wine. According to his ability or form used for wines or other. Enodidáctica in this post we will know the most common.
TYPES OF WINE BOTTLES
The word comes from the term bottle of ancient Rome ampulla and was used to designate containers where liquids are contained. Until the seventeenth century glass bottles we know today were not used until then other materials such as clay (amphorae), animal skins and wood were used. And although today there are other materials such as tetrabrick or cans, good wine, and more if it is to be saved, you must go glass bottle.
PARTS OF A BOTTLE OF WINE
WINE BOTTLES BY SHAPE
- Burgundy: There was created, in the region of Burgundy (France), is the oldest form known. It is cylindrical and wide and shoulders are sloped.
- Bordeaux: it is the most common and his name also honors the site comes from. It is cylindrical, tall, with shoulders marked.
- Rhin: Originally from the Rhineland (Germany) river is a very slender bottle with sloping shoulders. Often it used for white wines.
- Cava or Champagne: Very similar to the Burgundian bottle. This presents thicker to withstand the pressure (bubbles) of sparkling wines walls.
- Jerezana: Similar to the bordelaise, although a Spanish contribution. It has the distinction of having two widths in your body with a bulge near the neck and shoulders very marked.
WINE BOTTLES ACCORDING TO THEIR CAPACITY
The best known bottle is the three quarters, 75 cl. although for some dinner with friends or family you can buy a magnum interesaros containing a half liter of wine. As we can see in the chart below, there are many other models according to their ability.
- Three eighths 0.375 L.
- Three quarters 0.750 L.
- Magnum 1.5 L.
- Jeroboam 3 L.
- Rehoboam 4,5 L.
- Matusalem 6 L.
- Salmanzar 9 L.
- Baltasar 12 L.
- Nebuchadnezzar 15 L.
- 18 Solomon L.
THE COLOR OF THE BOTTLES
The color of the bottles is important, it is usually green, brown or transparent, but depending on the wine, used one or the other. For example, for wines that will age in bottle, dark colors are used and protected from light. For young white wines transparent bottles are used, they are wines that will be consumed in a year and thus their color can be seen.
TYPES OF WINE GLASSES
There are more than 20 kinds of drinks, there are even specific glasses for specific varietals … A glass should be crystal, fine, smooth and large enough for the wine to oxygenate well, give it a good wiggle and stick your nose if you want to taste ; With that, I think that’s enough. In some cases other good to have a different glasses, for example, sparkling wine: champagne or cava, shaped flute and narrow to prevent bubbles from escaping.
Here we review the most common:
- Copa Bordeaux. For red wines. Large and broad crown, with bell – shaped at the top allows proper oxygenation of young and old wines. Measures about 245 mm high and also there Giant Bordeaux model is 270 mm.
- Burgundy glass. For red wines. Even wider than that of Bordeaux, its curved shape allows the wine to rotate freely and aromas are released; we can also use it for all kinds of red wines. It has a height of about 245 mm.
- Glass of white wine. For white wines. Its shape is similar to Bordeaux, but with the smallest cup and the highest stem to avoid the wine is hot when we catch. White wine does not need as much oxygen so these glasses are not as extensive. It has a height of about 260 mm.
- Chardonnay glass. For white wines. A tall stem also has a wider cup and the cup dished standard white wine. It is used for the fruity white wines express all its freshness. Measures about 210 mm high.
- Champagne glass. For sparkling wine (champagne, cava or prosecco). He is also known as Flute. Its long, thin design allows us to fully appreciate the rosaries of bubbles of these wines, largely prevents these from escaping. Unlike the other cups, it must be filled three quarters. Measures approximately 245 mm.
- Glass of sherry. For sherries. It is smaller than the other, is about 166 mm high. Its conical shape helps concentrate all these wines give off scent, although we are more intended to remove the defects that wine may have and not to your enjoyment.
PARTS OF A GLASS OF WINE
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.